Decadent cherry-chocolate brownies recipe
As the nights are slowly getting cooler, we find ourselves seeking the perfect transition dessert for comfort food. The rich chocolate fudge brownies packed with nuts and chocolate chips is the perfect go to snack. It’s perfect for all occasions and weather. When it’s hot just simply add ice cream and syrup on top to cool you down and for those cold nights simply microwave and top with whipped cream. Clover Mama Africa has helped us with an incredible brownie recipe. A batch of brownies is usually the first dessert to be devoured at a function, as people love it. Always have a batch of brownies on standby to impress you unexpected guests.
- 1 cup (200 g) dark chocolate
- ½ cup (115 g) butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 g) soft brown sugar
- ¾ cup (75 g) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) dark pitted or glacé cherries
- ½ cup (75 g) cake flour
- ¼ cup (25 g) ground almonds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
Chocolate sauce (optional)
- ½ cup (100 g) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) golden syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coffee granules
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla essence
- Grease a 23 x 23 cm baking tin and line it with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water,
- making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until the mixture is pale, thick and creamy.
- Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Carefully fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until nearly set. The centre should still be a little gooey.
- Remove the tin from the oven and leave it to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
- For the ultimate chocolate indulgence,
- serve warm with the chocolate sauce and either whipped cream or ice cream.
- Place all the ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat until the chocolate melts.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cream, whipped, or vanilla ice cream
The Great Food Trip https://thegreatfoodtrip.com/